I've recently bought a WinTV PVR-350 and am planning to use this on my freevo
box instead of my low-end analog tuner. Since my current setup has been a right
nightmare to get working, I'm trying to collect as much information beforehand
before I start recompiling kernel modules and messing with the freevo config.

I have a couple of questions that someone on the list will hopefully be able to
answer.

1: Regarding IVTV - Does the ivtv plugin for freevo work out of the box? Does
it use the hardware encoder on the PVR?

2: Regarding TV-out; currently I use a matrox G450 and dfbmga for TV-out. I am
very happy with the image quality with this, but I presume that the Hauppauge
card's builtin TV generator is also of excellent quality. My question is; does
the TV-out work reliably on the Hauppauge card in 2.6.X kernels, and would it
be recommendable to use it, or should I stay on my proven configuration (which
has been a nightmare to get working with kernel patches, mplayer patches,
directfb patches and documentation issues).?

3: Does the remote control work with lirc out of the box?

4: Audio: My freevo box is connected to my surround receiver using an optical
sp/dif cable. I would prefer to keep this unchanged. Will this be possible when
using livetv or accelerated playback of movies? Specifically, is there ALSA
support in ivtv?

Before purchasing the Hauppauge I did some checking and I did find a discussion
specifically on freevo and how to set this up, but dumb as I am I forgot to
bookmark this and now I can't find it. If some kind soul has valid info to
share that would be much appreciated. There's a lot of info in the ivtv driver
itself, so I am confident I will get the driver working, but the freevo and
matrox integration is in the blue right now.