Here the instructions for Gentoo.
It is possible that freevo isn't installed in the same dir for your distro...

open command line :
cd /tmp
wget http://www.supermotard.be/bart/fxdimdb.patch
cd /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo
su
patch -p1 < /tmp/fxdimdb.patch

Thats it.
You should see some messages with offset when you patch because the patch
was for cvs but it should work. Haven't tested it myself yet !

To test the patch without patching you can always try

patch --dry-run -p1 < /tmp/fxdimdb.patch

Or you could wait until freevo 1.5.3 is out :

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10366317
or replace the fxdimdb.py file by anoter file that is already patched by
someone else.

Bart