Op do 06-01-2005, om 13:29 schreef Geert Decorte:

> But
> the strange thing would be that it only occurs after upgrading mplayer. So
> probably mplayer asks more attention. something to do with NICE?

It must me Mplayer related, I'll try to rebuild Mplayer with
--disable-lirc, see what that changes.
I'll post results here in the future. (see note)

note:
DO NOT USE XFS!!!

It's allready stated on the Gentoo page not to use XFS in
critical/server enviroments without UPS, and I finaly got the proof for
that.
After a power failiure both my XFS based systems are screwed up,
workstation was recovered, but my Freevo box has suffered severe damage
to the binutils/gcc packages.
It's running but compiling; no way.
So a note to all users, please use Ext3 or Reiserfs if you love your
system.
--
Groetjes Japie