Hi,

I've been facing a weird problem the last days, as I changed my distribution
to mandrake 10.1.
After installed freevo using urpmi, and launched it, I couldn’t see any
images thumbnails or even folders I had before (was installed on knoppix).

After some debugging around, I found out that it was a PIL problem,
described in this page: http://effbot.org/zone/pil-imaging-not-installed.htm

To get it to work, I had to downgrade the python-imaging package on Mandrake
(was mdk release #6).
I downloaded the release #3 (python-imaging-1.1.4-3mdk) which can be found
in the main RPMS tree of the mandrake 10.0 version and works like a charm.

Here the commands (as root):
(Example with a German mirror of mandrake, for an i586 install)

# urpme python-imaging
# curl
ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/mandrakelinux/official/10.0/i586/Mandrake
/RPMS/python-imaging-1.1.4-3mdk.i586.rpm -o
python-imaging-1.1.4-3mdk.i586.rpm
# urmpi python-imaging-1.1.4-3mdk.i586.rpm

So it will be a good idea to warn this into the new wiki with "Mandrake
install method", because it looks like a general Mandrake 10.1 problem.

Niouze.