If you want to see the system boot you can set the Matrox card in a mode that enables the TV out on power up using a utility that came with the card (and can also be found on the Matrox web site ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/bios/2003/setup257.exe).
I ran the utility from a CD so there is no need to install windows on your freevo machine. Now i see the bios POST one the TV and the Linux boot until the framebuffer set the video mode, if you configure a framebuffer mode that is supported on the TV out you *should* be able to see the complete Linux boot until freevo starts but i have not tried that.

Regards
/Magnus

Shawn Dowler wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:43:48 +0000, Nicholas Ruddick