Hello all,

I have been trying to setup Freevo to record TV shows, but I'm running into some problems. I've worked through most of my issues, but now my big stumbling block is that I cannot get any sound to record.

My tv tuner card is a Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert, which uses the cx88 drivers. This particular version of the card has an on-board audio out connection that goes directly to my sound card.

I can watch and hear TV just fine with tvtime (also used in my Freevo configuration) and xawtv. However, when I try watching TV with mplayer I get a picture, but no sound. The no sound problem carries over to when I try to record with mencoder, which is activated in my Freevo configuration, and also streamer (part of the xawtv package).

At this point I'm working outside of Freevo with mplayer and mencoder at the command line level trying various options, but have not hit upon anything that works yet.

I know this is not a Freevo specific issue, but I'm hoping that someone on the list has experienced similar problems and come up with a solution.

Thanks in advance.

John

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IntelliVIEW -- Interactive Reporting Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop reports. Save time by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to DOC, XLS, RTF, etc. Download a FREE copy at http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl _______________________________________________ Freevo-users mailing list Freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-users