Tim Southerwood wrote:
> My aim is to run freevo "dumb" (don't care about keyboard input) on fb1
> and leave the rest of the PC useable on fb0 with X, VT switching etc
> without disturbing fb1 and freevo

That would be great.

> No problem using mplayer by itself

Yes? How do you run X on your monitor and mplayer on tv out? That's
something I need. When I start mplayer, the monitor also switches to
that resolution and went black (because my TFT doesn't support
720x576).

> but using freevo with the fbcon driver, two things happen:
>
> 1) It wants to be started from a real VT (not a random X term) - that's
> soluble with a suitable inittab
>
> 2) When I switch VT back to X or anywhere else, any attempt to control
> freevo using "freevo remote" will hang freevo waiting for its VT to come
> back (I can see that in strace). I know why that happens for typical
> usage, but it's irrelevant in my case, as freevo is driving it's own
> personal framebuffer.

Again, who did you set this up? And the solution to your problem:
freevo 2.0 has native dfb support without patching sdl. Maybe it works
that way.

Dischi

--
If a train station is a place where a train stops, what's a workstation?