Hi All,

I have some serious issues.

gentoo + EPIA M10K

Xorg-x11 - 6.8.0
X works, Can get fullscreen freevo, plays audio/thumbnails great
Once I run Mplayer to play video, everything crashes. can't see anything
and I think the box crashes.

Xorg-x11-unichrome - (epia-kalf.org)
X works. FUll screen. mplayer does not crash, audio is heard, can see
the player GUI. but no Video

Fbdev
Freevo works. Not fullscreen. (if I lower Res to 6480x480 via vga=788, I
can get "virtual" fullscreen on tvout.) Playing video will result in
native resolution. Fullscreen is not achieveable. (but depending on the
vga=xxx mode, the video gets bigger :-) )

directfb.
Freevo Works. No Fullscreen. Video plays but color is all off.

Here's the catch.
mplayer will work fullscreen when used from the command line. Just
<code>
mplayer /home/media/codemonkey.mpg
</code>

I've tried hacking the mplayer.py source to not include screenh/screenw
but it seems it does not honour it at all.

I've also tried to erase all options MPLAYER_ARGS_DEF in
/usr/share/freevo-config.py to no success.

Xine will play fullscreen when used as the "alternate" plaver. (xine
-Vfb /home/media/codemonkey.mpg works fullscreen) but audio will go off
after 10-30 secs into the film. Either that or it will not sync with the
video.

What are my choices?
I'm compiling Xorg-6.8.2 as I write this to see if it helps.

Does anyone has any better experiences to share or anything like that??

Please Help

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz