ons, 09 03 2005 kl. 17:11 +0100, skrev Georg KÃnzel:
> # Load btaudio to grep DMA-audio from bttv device
> modprobe btaudio analog=1 digital=0

This does unfortunatly not work for my crappy Pinnacle PCTV.. (Supported
cards are in the kernel docs for the bttv driver ) so I use a secondary
soundcard which works eaqually well, apart from using another pci
slot...

> Maybe this helps if someone's has a similar card! Would you please add your
> infos to the wiki ?

I'll consider it :) maybe a good page on mencoder string recommendations
and cpu load..

> To watch the recorded file with xine, I have to switch to 4:3 ratio manually.
>
> @Jesper: Is there a way to fix this via recording parameters (mplayer works) ?

It's true that the -force-avi-aspect 1.33 parameter is decoded by
mplayer only. I believe you can add dsize=1.333 in the vf options, i.e.
-vf pp=lb/al,dsize=1.333 .
I use mplayer myself, so I didn't consider this earlier, I find
mplayers' postprocessing capabilities somewhat better than those of
xine, and like I said, I have a crappy tuner card so it needs all the
help it can get ;)

> @developers: How can I otherwise add a "--aspect-ratio 4:3" to the fxd-file
> of
> the recorded show ?"

I have a need for this also. To add mplayer/xine options for recorded
shows, which are not needed/wanted for ordinary files...

> Thanx
>       Georg
np

- Jesper