-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alberto
Hernando
Sent: 14 March 2005 11:36
To: freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] Problem with MPlayer failing to play media

Hi.

> I have installed Freevo on Morphix (debian) I used the apt-get to
> install freevo. The problem is that mplayer will not play!  It also
does
> not give an error message. This is the same for both MP3 and AVI.
> Mplayer works fine from the command line. I have also looked at what
is
> passed to it from freevo. This looks ok too.
> Freevo is the latest version and MPlayer is 1.0 pre 6.

Have you installed mplayer from source? It sounds like mplayer works but

gmplayer doesn't. Maybe you had gtk installed when compiled, but for
some
reason you have upgrades/uninstalled some important libraries and
gmplayer
doesn't work anymore. It won't popup a window complaining about this. To
get
some more info, just launch anything from console. You will see more
error
messages.

 Alberto