On Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 08:57, Ow wrote:

> Hi All,

> I'm curious if Freevo places additional overhead on Mplayer.

> This is a EPIA M10k running Freevo 1.5.2 on Gentoo. Xine and Mplayer is
> compiled with Xvmc and I have libxvmc-0.13 and xorg-x11-6.8.2
> w/unichrome R30.

> Mplayer and xine is running the lastest version.

> xine-ui-0.99.3
> xine-lib-1.0
> mplayer-1.0_pre6

> In addition to that, I have issue playing DVDs under Freevo. Running it
> under X, I can play DVDs fine (even with deinterlace enabled) and I get
> CPU usage of ~50-60% and no dropped frames. (AFAICT)

> Running it under Freevo, I see like 85-90% CPU usage.

> Can anyone share experiences with running Freevo on a EPIA M10K?? I
> would like to get more info on how best to optimese/get it to work! :-(

Well got this problem since upgrading from a perfect stable system.
What was i thinking. ;-) Using gentoo as well and with jelle's
ebuilds. Somehow i had to add

libviaXvMC.so.1 in /etc/X11/XvMCConfig to let the libviaXvMC be
detected.

And I had to build mplayer with

./configure --x-includes=/usr/lib --x-libraries=/usr/lib
Otherwise it fails

If needed you may need to recompile xine-lib too with
configure  --x-includes=/usr/lib --x-libraries=/usr/lib.

Somehow the mplayer xine-lib configure didn't detect the libviaXvMC
wrapper. Even then normal divx is stuttering a bit, altough playing
mpeg2 is at 5 a 10% usage on a m9000.

Still investigating why divx doesn't play nice.

    /Robert