Hi All,

I have another issue. Finally xxmc is working for Xine and I can get to
play DVDs with ~20% CPU w/ interlace and it's nice and all.

However, when I revert to playing AVI (DivX), I get the stutter and
jerkiness. If I revert to using XV, it works fine.

In /etc/freevo/local_conf.py
XINE_VIDEO_DEV = "xxmc"

I also tried
XINE_VIDEO_DEV = "xxmc xv"
&
XINE_VIDEO_DEV = "xxmc,xv"
&
XINE_VIDEO_DEV = " "
&
# XINE_VIDEO_DEV = " "

and I tried hacking the xine.py code to

elif item.mode == 'dvd' and hasattr(item.media, 'devicename'):
  # dvd:///dev/dvd/2
[0]  command.append('dvd://%s/%s' % (item.media.devicename,
item.url[6:]))
[1]  command.append('-V xxmc')
[2]  command.append('-V xxmc' 'dvd://%s/%s' % (item.media.devicename,
item.url[6:]))

[0] = Org
[1] = Putting this before the org invocation
[2] = putting the xxmc part inside the org invocation.

Neither [1] nor [2] worked.

self.command = [ '--prio=%s' % config.MPLAYER_NICE ] + \
               config.XINE_COMMAND.split(' ') + \
[3]               [ '--stdctl', '-V', config.XINE_VO_DEV,
                 '-A', config.XINE_AO_DEV ] +

I also tried changing [3] to only read "[ '--stdctl',
but this didn't work either.

After all this, noticing that I could specify which media player were to
be used to play which type of files, I tried

XINE_VIDEO_SUFFIX = [ 'vob' ]

Didn't work either.

There must be a way to specify which player should be used to play which
type of media. Either that or someway to specify that if the media to be
played is to be DVD, then I should be using XINE and using the xxmc
video driver instead of XV.

PS : reading the xxmc readme, noticed that it says it will try the xxmc
and if it fails, it will fall back to using XV. I guess it's not really
failing (since it's able to locate the driver). It's just that it's
choppy.
in README_xxmc.html.gz, there's the option
video.device.xvmc_more_frames:1

How do I turn this on and will it help??

PS : Please CC me directly as List mail isn't getting to me for some
unknown reason.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz