On Thursday 28 April 2005 05:48, Shawn Dowler wrote:
> Maybe I'm just missiong it somewhere, but how can I make a video entry
> in an fxd file pass special options to mplayer for streaming video?
>
> I am trying to tell NASA TV to play specifically at 29.976 FPS because
> otherwise it plays either too fast (-channels 2) or too slow
> (-channels 6)

Hi,
I have tried this with ordinary files. Here, it worked.
I have just added something like
        mplayer-options="-ss 3600"
after the id attribute of the file tag. E.g.:
        <file id="f1" mplayer-options="-ss 3600"
>05-08_14-00_Enterprise.avi</file>
Perhaps something like this also works with the url tag.

> Also, is there a way to tell mplayer to NOT use specific options using
> the same method in the fxd?

From "man mplayer":
Every 'flag' option has a 'noflag' counterpart, e.g. the opposite of the -fs
option is -nofs.
Perhaps this helps...

Regards,
        Thorsten