TC Wan wrote:

On Mon, May 30, 2005 4:53 am, Trond Eivind Glomsrød said:
When trying to view tv via freevo (mplayer  on /dev/video0 works fine,
as does channel switching with ptune), I get the following traceback:

[...]
From looking at google[1], it looks like this should only be a problem
with 2.4... but that's not what I'm running (attempts to run freevo2
failed as well, due to cache)

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09366.html

I can run freevo 1.5.3 fine on FC3 (32 bit). I don't think it's due to FC3
per-se, si
No, I'm guessing a 64 bit issue.

Freevo2 is not really ready for daily use. I think you should get the
latest mmpython, rebuild the cache first ('freevo cache') and see if it
works.
I don't see any reason why it should work, since the bug seems to be in doing ioctls in the v4l2 code?

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/tv/v4l2.py", line 219, in querycap
   r = fcntl.ioctl(self.device, QUERYCAP_NO, val)
OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum

I did try, though. No change.