> I think a few people need to get into high fidelity audio.
>
>>  To be clear : cable is cable, it's just a piece of metal.( Some people
>>  claims they can hear the difference between a gold and a copper cable,
>>  come on, let's be serious)
>
> Seriousely, ALL cables have a sonic signature.  Silver is, in general, a
> harsher sounding material.  Copper is, again, in general, a warmer
> sounding
> material.  Stranded cables can have a sort of grainy sound, while solid
> cables sound different depending on the guage.

You will find the differences into the higher tones. Not all people are
having the same "audio bandwidth". Most people are limited into the higher
tones. Making high quality setups useless for this people.

The level of treatment you are talking about, goes beyond the costs of a
cable or a connector. Boxes, the environment and background noise (FAN)
comes to my mind as potential disturbing factors, which should be treated
as well.

So, if you've got a freevo system wich produces some background noise
(fans, hd), it isn't worth the pain to spend a lot of money into cabling.
Avoiding oxidation however is a must for a professional aproach and has
nothing to do with the initial quality, but everything with long term
quality.

BTW: anyone have build a noiseless Freevo?

http://gedeco.no-ip.org

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is
believed to be clean.