I have both working. But didn't much play around with Mytthv for now.

Depending the default user I choose during startup either freevo or mythtv
launches.

A few differences

- Freevo's screen layout looks better to me, specific since I'm using the
mediaportal theme you'll find in the links page of the WIKI.
(I don't like the themes supported in Mythtv...)

- Mythtv looks more feature complete. You should expect some of these
features to appear in a next release of freevo (picture in picture...)

- Freevo is better documented. Mythtv uses a mysql database to register
settings. If you're not have a excelent knowledge of mysql, you need to
jump trough hoops to make it work decent. Specific for countries which
aren't supported by standard install (xmltv).
- Both are mainly using the same tools

So mainly, my personal opinion: Freevo has a better layout, looks better
and has better documentation. Surely somebody else will not agree.
But this is a personal opinion without flaming.

http://gedeco.no-ip.org