I'm trying to get df_xine working for DVD menus while doing DirectFB with a G400DH.

I'd like to show the LUG this feature when I do the demo. I used to have it before I went to DirectFB with fbxine, now of course fbxine will not work.

I've installed DirectFB-extras and have switched "fbxine = /usr/bin/fbxine" to "fbxine = /usr/bin/df_xine" in the freevo.conf. Now I get this error from Freevo:

__init__.py (239): Building the xml hash database...
__init__.py (271): done
xine.py (76): detect fbxine version 0
ERROR: 'fbxine' version too old, plugin 'xine' deactivated
You need software xine-ui > 0.9.22

So my two questions:

1. What is the right way to graft in df_xine without hacking a bunch in xine.py. What xine conf stuff is in the local_conf.py?

2. Whats the best (easiest) way to get DVD Menus with DirectFB?

Thanks,
Scott