>       I have a NVIDIA card. The nice thing is that you can use it as
> xinerama/dual head. But I heard that the Tv-out of ATI is far better.

LIES, HISSSSSSSSSS. NVIDIA is far superior!

With ati-tvout turn the kettle on and you get some distortion, turn the
microwave on and the screen goes crazy, hairdryer and even my TV
interfered with the signal (i tested by outputting it into my old vivo
nvidia) with ATI I got all manner of lines on my tv, blurs and channel
interference.

Now the clincher is that nvidia have spotted the issues with ati tvout
and they've put in a little circuit somewhere in the tvout hardware
which actively cancels out any interference. While I was investigating
the differences between the cards I read about this somewhere and when I
first used nvidia TVout it was a noticeable difference.

I used to be a big fan of ATI, I thought that transform was wonderful
and that the chips were much better quality and faster. Then I saw what
nvidia can do, they make much better chips on all levels, 3D performance
is far better even on the low end cards and there is of course the
nvidia linux advantage (nvidia's drivers are wicked on linux and much
more stable than their windows drivers and better than the ATI firegl
drivers),

I defected from ATI to NVIDIA, I'm much happier with their hardware,
their linux support, the 3D performance... So much so, I forked out for
a 6800GT which plays doom3 happily in my desktop at 70fps+ with
cinematic effects turned on (ultra extreme quality mod), and of course,
in Linux!

Get nvidia, the way its meant to be played

</rant>

Regards,
  Karl