[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

I have a script that converts dvd's into avi's. What I would like to
happen is when the dvd is put in and spins up the script starts ripping in
the background. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

You could use the encodingserver addon for Freevo. AFAIK there's already a function in Freevo that plays a DVD upon insertion if Freevo is at the main screen, you could hack this to launch the encoding server process. I'd thought about this feature in the past where Freevo would upon CD/DVD insertion check to see if it's already been ripped otherwise ask the user whether to rip it or play it.

John