for unstable edit /etc/apt/sources.list and add un at begining of stable or replace testing by unstable

after in a root console type apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade

now you're in debian unstable

the next thing is to install a minium X environement

apt-get install x-window-system

now configure it proper

try to launch it by typping X ( you'll should have a gray screen , that's ok that'X server without client)

now add freevo in the file .xinitrc in your homedir ( create it and make it executable)

configure freevo

type startx , you should have freevo and just freevo

Alexander Petri a écrit :
Hi,
i wanted to create a minimal Debian System to install Freevo.
So i downloaded the netinstall ISO, and installed it. Then debian installed the main dependencies. I installed no special packages
such as Webserver, Database or a GUI(KDE/Gnome).
I have only the console.

Then i added the sources to sources.list
And installed freevo like it is described in the wiki on www.freevo.org
but if i started freevo it ended up with serveral Errors
an the main error was no video device found ... or something like that.

some tutorial say that i have to install x-windows and make debian to unstable. But i have no Idea what i have to do.

Kernel is 2.4.17 stable

can someone give me any suggestions to make freevo work?

thanks