Hi,

        I have a number of RMVB files (Real Media/Read Video) which I find to
be of great quality and yet small size.

        The problem I have is that when freevo access folders which contains
these rmvb files, it' will slow to a crawl. It will show "Scanning
directory, be patient" and then depending on the # of files I have
there, take between 5 min to 1 hour to process them. (it's even worst
when these files are not local, but on a SMB network share)

I know it is processing these files because from the Wife's windows box,
I can see it accessing the files incrementally.

I'm not sure what freevo is doing. Is it going through Mplayer to _look_
at the file? Or is it going through mminfo?

I tried doing

$ mminfo -d /path/to/some/rmvb file
mmpython media info
application/pcm registered
[SNIP]
No Type found by Extension. Trying all
Trying video/real

And then it hangs there for a while.

Then This

filename : Motel.ch01.rmvb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/mminfo", line 87, in ?
    print unicode(medium).encode('latin-1', 'replace')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mmpython/mediainfo.py", line
350, in __unicode__
    result += MediaInfo.__unicode__(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mmpython/mediainfo.py", line
156, in __unicode__
    (a, unicode(b), unicode(self[b])) or a, keys, u'' )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mmpython/mediainfo.py", line
155, in <lambda>
    result += reduce( lambda a,b: self[b] and b != u'url' and u'%s\n
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xca in position 8:
ordinal not in range(128)

I'm gonna try upgrading to 0.4.9 (I'm on 0.4.7 now)

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!