Marc Leesch wrote:
> Hi, I want my 128x64 LCD running under freevo. The driver is glcdlib.
> With LCDd and lcdproc it is working fine. But when I start freevo

So it's actually LCDproc you've got running so far, I'm glad you
succeeded, what was your libraries problem in the end, I'd like to know
because I might have to improve something with GLCDprocDriver, or with
the documentation.

Please note that there is no graphical display plugin for Freevo yet,
there is only the LCDproc plugin, and it's only working with
Freevo-1.5.x for now. There is some ongoing work to make Freevo2 work
with graphical displays supported by graphlcd-base which you already
know by getting LCDproc work with your display. So don't mix things up,
for now, you only get *text*-based output via LCDproc at this time,
graphical mode is not yet supported, and it will only be supported in
Freevo2.

> containing the LCD plugin, it tells me that I need pylcd. How do I get
> freevo refering on glcdlib?

Yes, you need pyLCD which is unmaintained at the moment, "abandonware"
as the previous maintainer calls it. This has been asked at least twice
on this list, Justin Wetherell placed a copy of pyLCD on his freevohelp
site, you'll find the link here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg10973.html

> Any Ideas?

There are few catches with your setup, so let me give you instructions:

1. Install pyLCD, then Freevo's lcdproc plugin should be able to talk to
the LCDproc server (which has to be on the same machine, it's hardcoded
in pyLCD, you could change the address if you want), but this *may* not
be enough:

2. As you're using a graphical display with LCDproc, you've got the CVS
version, LCDproc-0.5, so you most likely have to patch Freevo's lcd.py
plugin with http://www.muresan.de/freevo/freevo-1.5.4_lcdproc.diff
Beware that this patch is also tailored to my LCDproc screensize in
characters, which is 18x4. I simply changed the columns value of the
20x4 layout in Freevo's lcdproc plugin and made 18x4 out of it, so you
either should change the line containing "18 : # 20 chars per line" back
to "20 : # 20 chars per line" in this diff file before applying, or
adjust another layout to your needs, see next step..

3. After starting freevo you may see some error that no screen (or
layout) has been defined for your LCDproc screen size. Please analyze
the layouts part in the lcd.py plugin source in freevo (after applying
the patch) and adjust some layout (most likely the one for 20x4 due to
your 128x64 pixels display like mine) to your actual values, or just
play a bit more with glcdlib font settings in LCDproc.conf to get a
different effective characters size to match what Freevo's plugin
supports, what suits you best.

Good luck,
Lucian