Hi,

I´m trying to get my openSuse to boot into freevo. In the
freevo.org-Wiki is written to edit the /etc/inittab as follows:

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
/1. Put the following in /etc/inittab

id:3:initdefault:

and

1:3:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --autologin USER tty1

After the next boot (in runlevel 3) your USER will be automatically
logged in on the first console tty1.
2. Put the following in your USER's .bash_profile:

case "`tty`" in
/dev/tty1) clear && freevo &>/dev/null;;

esac
This will start freevo automatically, when your USER logs in on tty1.
If you start Freevo with the option -fs, Freevo will start as
windowmanager, and X is started automatically. Otherwise it will try to
use the framebuffer device. Thus you should make sure that the
appropriate output device (X or framebuffer) is working correctly before
you try this./

but in the mingetty-manpages is no option like *--autologin*. The
boot-output tells me also that it is an unrecognized option. What must
be the correct --<option>?

By the way: I cannot find a .bash_profile in my users homedir. Should I
make one or should I use the .bashrc or the .profile?

Any Ideas?
Marc