The only cards i have found that work in the USA only receive non
encrypted over the air HDTV. To get it to work with cable in the USA you
have to go thru the digital tv box. Unfortuneately all the standards for
digital TV in the USA are not open. Story maybe different in Canada,
might want to wait for Rshortt's response on that.
I have been looking at getting my hdtv card to work with Freevo but it
currently requires xine and some heavy kernel config. Not very easy to
use at the moment, to the point i am compiling a seperate xine just for
the HDTV tuner. ALso the card i have requires help from the video card
so you might have to buy them in a pair.
the card i have is from http://www.pchdtv.com/ and i got the HD 3000.

--
Michael Ruelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>