--- Karl Lattimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/04/19/philips_enforced_ads_patent/

> Can this be avoided if it comes into force in future
> freevo releases, we
> could use a slogan like "take back your channel
> hopping"

I wouldn't sweat it. After all, every stand-alone
'offical' DVD player I've met won't let you jump out
of the FBI/INTERPOL warnings. Yet all you have to do
is push MENU in Freevo and off it goes...

I'm betting Freevo can be made to adhere to or ignore
whatever standards the user would like.

As for Porn driving the technology industry? Can you
deny it? The decision between BlueRay and HD DVD as a
standard rests squarely on which one is embraced by
the pornography industry. ^_~

(At least I hope so... I can't take another
multi-standard like DVD+/-R/RW/Super/Turbo/GTR)

James

http://mail.yahoo.com