Wander,

I've tried your version of cd_burn.py, and indeed got a coaster.
Since I had some time left, and I have a few cheapycheap cd-r spindles, I tried to solve that problem (and I succeeded).

Nero showed me that the cd was full of data tracks instead of audio tracks.  So I added the option '-audio' to the cdrec_cmd.
Now my cd player understands that it is in fact an audio cd, but instead of music, I only hear noise.

When I play the files from /tmp/burnlist with mplayer, the songs sound normal.  Mplayer also tells me it is using the PCM codec, so the file has to be a wave file.
Just to be sure, I added '-srate 44100' to the mplayer line, but with no result.

Funny thing is, that I tried to make a copy of a certain cd, where the first song starts with about 0,5 seconds of sound, then 4 seconds silence, and then starts playing.
The burned cd, also has about 0,5 seconds of noise, than 4 seconds of silence, and then the noise starts again, so it seems like the wave file is not interpreted like a wave file.

Next, I tried renaming all files, simply adding '.wav' at the end of each file.  This works, when starting cdrecord from the command-line.

So I edited the cd_burn.py again, changed this line:
os.rename('/tmp/burnlist/audiodump.wav', _('/tmp/burnlist/%s' % os.path.basename(a)))

to those two:
rename_wav = '%s.wav' % (config.os.path.basename(a))
os.rename('/tmp/burnlist/audiodump.wav', _('/tmp/burnlist/%s' % rename_wav))

Problem solved!

Damn I'm good! :D
Thinking about the fact that I have _zero_ programming experience, makes me even feel better about myself right now!! ;)

"As a finishing touch, God created the Dutch"
You're Dutch too aren't you?  Figured because of the /dev/brander in your config ;)

Anyway, I changed this line also:
curl2.findFromDirMatches(suffix=['mp3','ogg','wav'])

to:
curl2.findFromDirMatches(suffix=['mp3','flac','ogg','wav'])

Because I ripped all my albums to Flac files.

Now the cdburn plugin works great on all of my audio files!
Thank you VERY much for your help!!

(I've attached my edited version of the cd_burn.py)