Hi All

Let me start by saying that I love freevo, I have been using it for
about 1 1/2 years so far, and its been a good lounge companion :) I
don't use any of the tv functionality, freevo just gives me an easy to
see interface to my music and movies that I can use my remote to control.

So I have been looking for a similar app for windows. They pretty much
all suck, mediaportal is probably the closest functionality wise, but
even it version 2 its a resource hogging resource hog. Plus it plain
doesn't work on my machine.

So my question is, has anyone tried to port freevo to windows? What
would the impediments be if one attempted this? I don't know python, but
I am not afraid to try :)

If I was to attempt this, the result would be a freevo lite. I wouldn't
bother with things like tv recording or tv listings. I just want to
press buttons on my remote and be able to see the results from across
the room :) Audio and video playback and winlirc usage is the goal :)

So I understand that lirc is done with pylirc, and the interface is
generated with pygame (which uses sdl?). pygame runs on windows, pylirc
looks like it doesn't :(

Putting linux on my other pc is not an option unfortunately.

Jake

--
Jacob Briggs
Systems Engineer

Core Technology Limited
Level 1, NZX Centre
11 Cable Street
Wellington
Phone +64 4 801 2252

--

object doAnythingConceivable(string whatToDo, object whatToDoItWith) { .....