Thanks for the reply!  Sorry, I wasn't very clear at
all.  The PC can't change the cable channel, which
comse in through composite.  But, because my analogue
reception is poor, I want to be able to record BBC,
etc  from the cable box.

I can do that manually using the manual record set,
but I want to be able to use the TV guide to select it
so that it does the timings for me automatically.
Therefore I want freevo to treat each channel on the
cable box as a separate channel (even though it can
only actually get the channel the cable box is set
to).

All the hardware issues are solved - I just want the
guide to display BBC1 (tuner) and BBC1 (cable) as
separate channels, so that if I have the cable box
tuned to BBC1 I can get better reception.

http://www.xiaprojects.com/www/manuali/freevo/main.php

http://mail.yahoo.com