On Friday 13 October 2006 04:05, Walt Frampus wrote:
> Not trying to start a distro debate, but what is the best, easiest
> distro to use for freevo. I am looking for something that either has
> Feevo in its repositories or is easy to install.

Hi,
I think "best" is quite a large scope term. I, for one, used debian which was
very easy to setup, as already said, so yuu could describe this as best. But,
I'm in the process of rebuilding it using gentoo, because compiling
everything gives more control. So I could define even this as "best".

I think all boils down at what you want.

One thing that I don't like about Mandriva or similar distro is that they tend
to install tons of software that, if you're using freevo only, will only
occupy space on the HD.

Fabio