A reïnstall of python did the trick. For some reasen it must have been installed without threading support whereas the default is with. Weird but thanks for the help. Now to get it working with my PVR250, but it has to wait now because I'm too busy.
Thanks

Duncan Webb wrote:
Olaf van Loon wrote:

Duncan Webb wrote:

There should be a class Thread(_Verbose) in threading.py

There is a class Thread in threading.py. But it's asking for a module
("No module named thread"). What's going on here?

I'm no BSD man, have you tried:
python
import threading
import thread
Ctrl-D

If this works then it must be another problem.

If not then it could be a problem with BSD's python, try googling about
for this it may be a known problem.

Sorry that I can't be any more help.

Duncan