Robert Winder wrote:
> On Monday, November 6, 2006, 5:21:30 AM, Michael wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I'm currently running freevo version 1.5.4 on my debian etch box.  I recently
>> got LIRC to work on the system and have mapped the keys in Freevo.  One
>> problem I'm noticing is, during video playback, my LEFT/RIGHT keys are
>> skipping about 1 minute of video at a time.  However, when I use my keyboard,
>> the LEFT/RIGHT keys skip only about 10 seconds, which is what I'm looking
>> for.  I tried adjusting the delay values in the /etc/freevo/lircrc file for
>> the keys, but that didn't change anything.  Does anyone have suggestions on
>> how to reduce the amount of video skipped when using my IR remote?
>
> you can set this with editing the file event.py and adjust the arg value for
> the
> appropriate event group.

I would recommend that you set the event in local_conf.py
eg:
EVENTS['video']['REPLAY'] = Event(VIDEO_SEND_MPLAYER_CMD, arg='seek -60')
EVENTS['video']['SKIP'] = Event(VIDEO_SEND_MPLAYER_CMD, arg='seek +60')
EVENTS['video']['LEFT'] = Event(VIDEO_SEND_MPLAYER_CMD, arg='pausing
seek -0.1')
EVENTS['video']['RIGHT'] = Event(VIDEO_SEND_MPLAYER_CMD, arg='pausing
frame_step +1.0')

If you edit event.py your changes will be lost when you do an upgrade.

Duncan