Op za 18-11-2006, om 18:06 schreef Eric Jorgensen:

> I'm using an Asus A7V-880 with an athlon xp mobile

In the case of AMD cpu's there are some *cool (vcool, fvcool) tools
around that will force the cpu in sleep mode and fire it up if needed.
I use it on my old athlon 1333 cpu with an Zahlmann cooler with big very
slow turning fan.
case temp is around 30 celcius and I can't hear it over 1m. distance.
--
Groetjes Japie