All,

I have been investigating why my weather plugin often fails these days.

error looks like this:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/plugins/weather.py",
line 327, in getForecast
    self.convertWeatherData()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/plugins/weather.py",
line 514, in convertWeatherData
    self.setWeatherIcon( )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/plugins/weather.py",
line 522, in setWeatherIcon
    match = weatherTypes.findType( name=self.shortdesc )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/plugins/weather.py",
line 618, in findType
    raise Exception, "unknown type requested in
WeatherTypesClass::findType() %s:%s:%s"%(number,name,icon)
Exception: unknown type requested in WeatherTypesClass::findType()
None::None

I have added the printout of the parameters to findType, and gee it
turns out it can not find a type of you give it no input.

So I looked at the data file for my location, it is attached. The
problem is that self.shortdesc is empty which is because both the CIcon
and Context fields are empty in the data it receives.

Does anyone understand the weather plugin sufficiently to know how to
fix this?

Paul

--
Paul Sijben             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Amersfoort, NL          http://www.sijben.net