Paul Sijben wrote:
>> So what you need is a way to change the MPLAYER_VO_DEV depending on the
>> media type, rather than the activity?
>

> indeed. The problem is that with ivtv the tv also gives mpeg.
>
> but I am not sure the MPLAYER ARGS will work as it will insert also the
> other VO_DEV which I guess will confuse mplayer.
> right?

What happens when you use, to play mpeg and avi files:
-vo xvmc,xvidix -vc ffmpeg12mc
and
-vo xvmc,xvidix

AFAIK Mplayer will fallback to a second video output device when the
first one doesn't work.

If this works then it is easy and no changes are required. :)

And try not to top post so much, as other readers will lose the thread
of the conversation.

Duncan