Stephen Rowles wrote:
> Duncan Webb wrote:
>> What is the repeat values in /etc/freevo/lircrc. May be they are too
>> large. Try a value of 1 and if a press jumps too many lines, increase it.
>>
>> Freevo is normally as responsive with the remote as with the keyboard.
>> The only problem I have with the remotes is when the sensor has fallen
>> on the floor :D
>>
>> Duncan
>>
> Duncan,
>
> Thank you very much, my lircrc didn't have any repeat values! No idea
> what that means that default will be, but I added repeat =  lines to all
> the options and after a bit of experimenting discovered that repeat = 3
> was the sweet spot for my MCE remote, now works like a charm!
>
> Oh, one other thing... is it possible to configure the  "Live TV", "DVD"
> etc buttons to jump straight to those things in freevo? It would be
> really nice to jump straight to the TV guide using the "Guide" button on
> the remote, Videos using the "DVD Menu" button etc.

The top level menus are done, at least in Freevo-1.7.* these need to be
added to local_conf.py, they may to the remote codes in lircrc:

EVENTS['menu']['TV'] = Event(MENU_GOTO_TV)
EVENTS['menu']['VIDEOS'] = Event(MENU_GOTO_VIDEOS)
EVENTS['menu']['MUSIC'] = Event(MENU_GOTO_MUSIC)
EVENTS['menu']['PICTURES'] = Event(MENU_GOTO_IMAGES)

> Another thing, maybe this will turn out to be a feature request for 2.0
> or something :) Is it possible to have the buttons to be context
> sensitive? It would be really nice, for example, for OK to bring up the
> now/next text when watching TV, but work as OK the rest of the time. For
> "DVD Menu" to take you to the Video / DVD menu, but once playing a
> DVD/Video to work to bring the DVD menu up. etc. etc. I think it would
> make freevo much easier to use, rather than having to configure a
> specific button for random tasks.

If I understand you correctly they are, for example when watching a
video with mplayer, you can enter OK and then a number of seconds and
then OK again and it should jump to this position. There are many such
cases and they need to be programmed specifically.

HTH