Ryan Roth wrote:
> OK I have stunnel working.  I would like to write a howto for the wiki,
> but I would like to include the encrypted passwords in the how to also.

Great wiki page.

I think it would be better to use a tuple for encrypted user names and
passwords, then the password checker can detect that it is a tuple and
use the first word as the type of key. Some _smart_ user will use a
password 'crypt-' and then no login. Better to use a tuple.

Something in the back of my mind tells me that encrypted passwords are a
bit of a waste of time on a freevo box, unless it is shared by different
people. One of the big problems is that there is no access control, such
as read (play) only and read-write.

BTW crypt is not very secure, that's why shadow uses md5 passwords; md5
is easy to get from the command line: echo 'password' | md5sum

In the patch, you were messing around with local_conf.py, which is not a
good idea. Better to just output the line, which can be pasted into the
local_conf.py

Duncan