Pascal Schirrmann wrote:
> Duncan Webb a écrit :
>> Pascal Schirrmann wrote:
>>
>>> The debug gave me a hint about an error in the AUDIO_ITEMS. After
>>> correcting that, it seems to work a little better (or is it due to
>>> version 8853 ?)
>>>
>> AUDIO_ITEMS still has a bug in that it doesn't allow web radio unless it
>> is put in a tuple.
>>
> Yes, that was exactly my trouble. Anyway, I find even better to add a
> description ('Web Radios') witch both solves the trouble of the web
> server and is nicer in the main interface.
>> Quite a bit has been put into svn today regarding the web server and all
>> the reported major bugs are fixed.
>>
> I'm now running the 8860 version, and I have a lot of news :-) ( Sorry
> to test !)

Good to test :) I have just fixed the webradio issue by testing that the
audio item is a tuple of length 2. The webradio.fxd contains the display
title of the item.

>>> On the Recorde TV folder, the message is constant. (And the filename
>>> should be on the same matter as yours, as this is a freevo feature. But
>>> these files have a fxd file associated, could this be a reason ?
>>>
>> Could be a bug so it needs adding to the tracker, the new library module
>> is still pretty new and not yet too well tested. It has greatly improved
>> over the last day or so. Lots has been done by Wout and Chandan, today.
>>
> Ok, about this trouble :
>
> It seems (as far as I see) that the trouble is specific to the Recorded
> TV directory. If i put the same avi and fxd file in a subdir of my video
> dir, then everything seems to be OK.

Seems sensible to have fxd and avi files in the same directory, it you
don't cleaning up is a nightmare.

> By the way, doing these tests, I found another bug :
>
> In the main interface, if a  video file  does have a companion fxd file,
> then the length of the movie is (for example): "(11-18 19:40) None  min"
> Removing the FXD file, the play time is "39 min"
> More exactly, this does only arrive if the fxd file contains a
> <runtime>None</runtime> section, witch seems to be the case for recorded
> TV show. I also did a fresh record, and runtime is still to None.
> I think that this one is very new.

Some changes that Gorka sent may have broken this, I've just added a fix
to check that runtime is none.

> Other things : About the 404 error when trying to play a file (I had
> still sometimes this trouble out of the Recorded TV dir), this is
> definitively when the filename includes some utf-8 chars.

hmm, may be a urllib.quote is missing.

> I had some movies for witch I only obtain a 'Fetching file information'
> Box (instead of the file description box).
> After some research, it was movies with some informations downloaded
> from the IMDB database. It he .fxd file were some carriage return (or ^M
> or \r or \x0d, whatever you prefer). Removing the CR does the trick.

Great spot, should be easy to fix

> finally (i think !) I'm not able to obtain information from imdb. When I
> try to fetch in formation, if imdb can find a descriptor for the movie,
> the log tell me that something is coming, but freevo freeze on
> 'retrieving informations'.
>
> I did the test as such :
> touch "Amelie Poulain.avi"
> touch "Rocky 5.avi"
> And then, from the freevo main interface, I ask for a IMDB information.
>
> (If there is more than one information, for example "titanic.avi", then
> freevo tell me that there is nothing at all.)

They all worked for me, first hit with the first two and lots for
titanic. Even d'Am&#233;lie is displayed correctly.

> I wish you all very good things for the coming year,

You too