On Wednesday 20 December 2006 7:20 pm, Francisco Eduardo Álvarez Solano wrote:
> > > Have you tried dumping the stream to HD and encoding offline?  (this
> > > takes big HD).
> >
> > not tried that but that is an option HDD=250G
>
>  I have a USB DVB-T card and I do that for recording: first I dump the
> stream to the HD and then I encode it with the encodingserver (I'm
> using Freevo-1.7.0-rc1). I only have around 25Gb free in my HD for
> recordings and I haven't had problems. 2 hours in mpg are about 5Gb,
> and encoded in xvid 1200bps only 1,3Gb (in my PIV HT 3Ghz, 512Mb RAM
> the encoding takes 1 hour for 2 hours of recording).
>
> Eduardo

after another little hiccup where my tv guide ran out i found that i had an
error in local_conf.py related to a linewrap
i'm surprised it recorded at all.
editing the file long distance over ssh i used nano, and i thought that a long
line was completely commented out (my old record command)
but when i checked the file on return home it was only half commented out.
fixing this fixed tv_grab-au not working, and allowed the new recording
command to work, with the audio in sync.
now i'm testing max PAL resolution with a load on the machine to see if it
will cope
Liz

--
He thought he saw an albatross