Geert,

I too use VLC for streaming, however, I don't do this within freevo, I
do it outside of freevo, manually, using the telnet interface to VLC
running on the server.

my vlc startup script (/etc/init.d/rc.d/vlc) contains:

/usr/bin/vlc  --intf telnet --cr-average 1000 --vlm-conf
/usr/local/etc/videolan/vlc/vlc.cfg --rtsp-host 0.0.0.0:554 &

my vlc.cfg contains:
new livetv broadcast enabled
setup livetv input pvr:/dev/pvr350 --cr-average 1000
setup livetv output #standard{mux=ts,access=udp,url="224.0.0.1"}
control livetv stop

I then telnet to port 4212 of the server, login, and execute livetv start.

I would love to do this within freevo, via a plugin or similar.

Could you share your FXD file such that I can see what you are doing?

Thanks,

Jim