Hi all

Today, freevo-1.7.0 has been released, there has been a great deal of activity
since freevo-1.7.0-rc2 with still more exciting new features. The statistics
show 145 additions, 162 changes and 40 removals, since 1.7.0-rc2, much more
than I expected :).

First and most importantly, I know that I have said this before *BUT* a really
big thank you to all of you who have contributed and it is thanks to these
contributions that freevo has been moving so quickly over the last few months,
just in case your interested the "ever growing" list is in the Docs/CREDITS.

You will also need to download the latest kaa.base-0.1.2, kaa.metadata-0.6.0
and kaa.imlib2-0.2.0 packages from the sourceforge pages. There has been no
significant changes to the kaa modules that affect the operation of
freevo-1.7.0 since RC2 (Release Candidate 2).

Some of the new features that have been added since RC2
* New Music Player Daemon (mpd) plug-in
* New record server commercial detection and removal
* New record server duplicate recording detection
* New PS3 support on Yellow Dog Linux
<http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/>
* New buttonbar plug-in that displays buttons on the bottom of the screen
* New screensaver plug-in that allows easy writing of screen savers

I don't want to bore you with the complete list of changes as it is really
quite long, you can see them all from the wiki pages:
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/doc/ChangeLog

To use the buttonbar you need to copy the ./contrib/examples/*_BB.fxd to
/usr/share/skins/main/ as these buttonbar uses space at the bottom of the
screen.

I'm continually surprised by the diversity and flexibility of Freevo and how
*you* use Freevo. Who could have envisaged that Freevo would become so much
more than a Home Theatre PC when the original version was written.
Congratulations to you all for choosing Freevo for you HTPC.

Many thanks again
Duncan