I'm starting to record HDTV content using an HD5500 card.  I'm dumping
MPEG transport streams from the dvb interface /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.

I can play these using mplayer, however, I'm at what appears to be the
edge of my 2.4G P4 processor (non hyper threading).  I don't have enough
headroom.

I'm trying to play these with xine as an experiment.

I can play DVDs with xine without any problem.  The audio goes out my
spdif interface as expected.

I can play MPEGS recorded from a PVR250 with xine without any problems.

When playing these MPEG transport streams via xine, I get encouraging
results in that the CPU usage is very low, however, I don't get any audio!

In the freevo display, these files appear as "MPEG Transport Stream",
1280x720

For some reason, xine isn't extracting the audio properly from the mpeg
transport streams.  Has anyone encountered this issue with xine?  I'm
unable to get xine to plays these outside freevo either.

xine version

lroom# xine --version
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.4.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.

room# l /usr/lib | grep xine
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root       17 Nov 30 20:19 libxine.so.1 ->
libxine.so.1.14.0
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root   315184 Oct 31 11:44 libxine.so.1.14.0
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root     4096 Nov 30 20:19 xine

tcprobe output of example file

lroom# tcprobe -i /media/videos/24_0205.mpg
[tcprobe] MPEG transport stream (TS)
(ts_reader.c) Pids: 0x31 0x34
[tcprobe] summary for /media/videos/24_0205.mpg, (*) = not default, 0 =
not detected
    no audio track: use "null" import module for audio

Jim