Thanks Christian.  You just answered a question I have wanted to know for some
time.  I had tried that before, but I never got my head around the fact that
the file needed to be named folder.fxd and not 'nameofthefolder.fxd' which
works in movies, but like a playlist as well so, not for tv series.  I,
however, did mine like this (with cover-img as a new tag) and it works great:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
        <freevo>
          <folder title="Andromeda Season 1">
            <cover-img>main-150.jpg</cover-img>
            <info>
              <content>Dylan Hunt was frozen in time for 300 years.  Now he's
back and his commonwealth is gone.  Can he rebuild it?</content>
            </info>
          </folder>
        </freevo>

I can now see the image before navigating into the folder and browse the files
inside while seeing the poster.

Thanks again!!

Joe