John Molohan wrote:
> I'm in the position to introduce Freevo as a great solution to an old
> problem here. In the past our lecturers have recorded TV on to VHS tapes
> and then play these back to their students. This has a number of
> drawbacks and we feel it's time to move on.

Welcome to the 20th century ;)

> In order to do this I'm looking at a quad analogue tuners with mpeg2
> hardware encoding (2 x PVR500s maybe).  What I'm looking for is
> experience from anyone who may have done something similar. Were there
> any particular problems you came across? Does anyone know of any nice
> rack mountable kit that would suit? What rating PSU would you recommend?
> Etc.

I box with two dvb cards (so a similar setup) is easy to build. No
need for a special PSU.

> One of my staff is also a student here and might be partaking in the SOC
> for Freevo so we might end up extending Freevo a bit during this.

Cool. But remeber, we only have until Friday to accept students.

> Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The 2.0 freevo-tvserver + freevo-tvdev with kaa.record2 (WIP) is
exactly what you need.

Dischi

--
The only problem with mornings is that they happen too early in the
day.