Denis Clijsters wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I installed Freevo 1.7 svn on my Suse 10.2 box, after struggling with
> dependency's I installed it succcesfully.
>
> First I had de freevo_conf.py problem, I didn't know you had to place
> this manual (maybe do it automaticly in next version). After this was
> done I finally could try freevo (after freevo setup) and I got this:
>
> Error: TV_RECORD_DIR not set
> Please set TV_RECORD_DIR to the directory, where recordings should be stored
> or remove the tv plugin. Autoset variable to /home/voetbe.

This message is clear what it means, bt you shouldn't be getting it as
it has been replaced with VIDEO_SHOW_DATA_DIR.

> Error: VIDEO_SHOW_DATA_DIR not found

I have a nasty feeling that you are using the wrong local_conf.py. If
the system is a dedicated freevo box then copy the local_conf.py.example
file to /etc/freevo/local_conf.py, then adjust it. If the machine is
shared then it can go into your home directory.

> Error: can't find /tmp/TV.xml

Not surprisingly as your system is not fully set-up.

> Use xmltv to create this file or when you don't want to use the tv
> module at all, add TV_CHANNELS = [] and plugin.remove('tv') to your
> local_conf.py. TVguide is deactivated now.
>
> WARNING: /etc/freevo/lircrc not found!
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/main.py", line
> 103, in <module>
>     import menu    # The menu widget class
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/menu.py", line 37,
> in <module>
>     import skin
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skin.py", line 90,
> in <module>
>     get_singleton()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skin.py", line 72,
> in get_singleton
>     ' as skinimpl')
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/main.py", line
> 40, in <module>
>     from area import Skin_Area
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/area.py", line
> 59, in <module>
>     from skin_utils import *
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/skins/main/skin_utils.py",
> line 41, in <module>
>     osd = osd.get_singleton()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/osd.py", line 122,
> in get_singleton
>     _singleton = OSD()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/osd.py", line 395,
> in __init__
>     'misc/freevo_app.png')).convert()
> pygame.error: File is not a Windows BMP file
>
> This is not a freevo error but pygame, but maybe some of you know this
> and have a solution?

I guess that it is not finding the ICON_DIR, which is normally located
in /usr/share/freevo/icons/.

> Pygame installation was done without errors.

The wiki is quite small, but does have some really useful information.

Duncan