Hi @all!

I tried to install the freevo Project as well on my PS3, but I did not get any luck when I tried to install the RPM package. I got the same missing dependancy (missing kaa-imlib2, kaa- base, kaa-metadata)

I tried to download the files the with the link above and installed them with python setup.py install.
for me it looked like the setup was successful.
After that I tried to install the package again, but still the dependancy was not solved.

Can you help me, please?!

take care, Jens

k.bacon a écrit :
> Hi all,
Hi Kev,

> Error: Missing dependancy: python-kaa-imlib2 is needed by Freevo17.
> Error: Missing dependancy: python-kaa-base is needed by Freevo17.
> Error: Missing dependancy: python-kaa-metadata is needed by Freevo17.
>
> Everything else that is required seems to be ok. Where can I find
> these dependancies? Should they be in one of the repos?

You can find them in two ways :
1) via svn :
Just do :
mkdir svn
cd svn
svn co svn://svn.freevo.org/kaa/trunk kaa
(that will download the whole kaa project, but you don't need the whole.
then
cd kaa/base
python setyp.py install
cd ../metadata
python setyp.py install
cd ../imlib2
python setyp.py install
Beware : at each step, really read the output messages : it can be that
a module installs, but, due to some missing system libraries, some
functions can be disabled (I think for instance at libdvdread3)
2) via the packages that Ditchi did make :
Here is just a 'cut & paste' of one of his mails :
Hi,
I want to make a new set of releases for kaa.base, kaa.imlib2 and
kaa.metadata to reflect the latest changes including Python 2.5
support and the replacement of libxml2 dependency.
Please test the new files with Freevo 1.7.0 and let me know if they
work. You can get them from http://files.sachmittel.de
Dischi
Good installation,
--
Pascal Schirrmann

Hi all,

Just installed YDL 5 on my PS3 and was delighted to find Freevo 1.7 now
supports the PS3. However I am finding installing it a nightmare!

I have dabbled with Linux over the past few years but I'm no expert, so
hopefully I am missing something simple. I am trying to install using Yum
and I have setup the repositorys for FC5 from the documentation on this
site.

Trying "yum install freevo17" gives the following errors:

Error: Missing dependancy: python-kaa-imlib2 is needed by Freevo17.
Error: Missing dependancy: python-kaa-base is needed by Freevo17.
Error: Missing dependancy: python-kaa-metadata is needed by Freevo17.

Everything else that is required seems to be ok. Where can I find these
dependancies? Should they be in one of the repos?

Thanks in advance,
Kev