On Wed, May 2, 2007 6:48 pm, Duncan Webb wrote:
> Simon Detheridge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I read in the changelog that I can now use an encoding server to recode
>> my
>> recorded TV shows into a smaller format. My computer isn't really fast
>> enough to transcode to xvid on the fly... But, I can't figure out how to
>> do it. Am I supposed to be able to select a 'recode' option on my
>> recorded
>> shows, or... ?
>

> In local_conf.py add:
> plugin.activate('video.reencode2')
>
> Then, after a restart, on a video item you should see the menu item to
> transcode.
>
> Duncan

Ah, yes. Seems I uncommented the REENCODE_* options, but missed that one.
Duh. It's there now, and looks like it's working. :-)

Next question: Can I get this to kick in automatically, after recording
something from the TV?

And another: Can I get the recording server to pause while the
recordserver is working? I don't think my computer can handle both at the
same time.

Thanks,
Simon

--
"Pokey are you drunk on love?"
"Yes. Also whiskey. But mostly love... And whiskey."