I have followed your wiki info, and it fails.
At home, I have only one budget-dvb freecom usb stick.
So I have only set up VIDEO_GROUPS with this information:

VIDEO_GROUPS = [
     # Use this group for watching tv
     VideoGroup(vdev='0',
                group_type='dvb',
                desc='Watching Video Group',
                record_group=1)
 ]

The dvbstreamer is  launched as a daemon, with the command you mentioned
in the README of your plugin.
When I want to look at a live-tv channel on DVB, I see appearing in the
taskbar this process:
xine slave://localhost:50007
Then after 2 seconds, it disappears.
I see only a black screen after that.
If I push on escape on the keyboard, I go back to the tv guide.
Can you help me?
LOUIS