Dirk Meyer wrote:
> "Duncan Webb" wrote:
>
>>> Hi the list
>>> I was wondering, I set the ROM_SPEED and it seems to be working when
>>> playing an audio cd but not with dvd.
>>> I look at the code and see this in plugins/rom_drives.py :
>>> "if config.ROM_SPEED and data and not data['mime'] == 'video/dvd':"
>>> It seems that it's disable on purpose for dvd.
>>> What is it like this ?
>>>
>> I don't really know, it could be history, a couple of years ago DVD drives
>> were slow and didn't need to be slowed down or that the speed could not be
>> set.
>>

> IIRC it was something like that. Setting the speed for by DVD drive
> had some bad side-effects.
>

> Dischi

@Duncan: I will try to remove the line of code with the mime data.

@Dirk: Actually, it's setting the speed by DVD drive but not for video dvds.
If you insert a audio cd for instance, it's slowed down. So it doesn't
seems to have
a bad effect on the dvd drive.

I will post my result on the list, once I tried it.