Hi all,

There are times I've had to rename the avi and fxd files (and revise the
contents of the fxd so it points to the renamed avi) of certain
recordings due to errors in the TV guide or if I want to archive a
recording to a network drive that does not allow the colon character in
filenames (recordings made prior to availability of
TV_RECORDFILE_OKLETTERS).  Unfortunately, this updates the
date/timestamp of the renamed/updated files so it no longer displays in
the original recording date/time  sequence in Freevo;  instead, it shows
up at the bottom of list as if it were the newest recording.  I've tried
using touch to set the date/timestamp back to the original value, but it
seems Freevo is using ctime instead of atime/mtime for date sorting.

As an alternative, I tried changing DIRECTORY_SORT_BY_DATE = 0 to sort
by filename instead of date.  Since I use the default TV_RECORDFILE_MASK
= '%%m-%%d %%H:%%M %(progname)s - %(title)s', I figured this would allow
the programs to sort by record date/time sequence since mm-dd_HH_MM are
the high end of the filenames themselves.  However, it appears Freevo is
using the <movie title> in the fxd files for sorting and, since all
program episodes in a TV series have the same <movie title>, the sort
order is a bit unpredictable.  I've tried enabling and disabling
DIRECTORY_SMART_SORT, but the results are the same;  namely, programs
are sorted by <movie title> instead of filename.  Am I missing some
other option or is the comment in local_conf.py incorrect when it says
setting DIRECTORY_SORT_BY_DATE = 0 means "No, always sort by filename"?
I'm running Freevo 1.6.3.

Art