Gorka Olaizola wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:38:43AM -0500, Evan Hisey wrote:
>>   I have read through the thread. It looks like you just want to be
>> able to eject a cdrom right? On any screen where you can select teh
>> drive in question, such as the movies menu, simply highlighting the
>> drive and pressing the eject key on the remote works.
>>
> Ingo said that that won't work but as I see in the code you are correct
> and the EJECT event should eject the "selected" drive. In the main menu
> it just ejects the first detected or configured drive.

Here I want to add that you probably misunderstood me (or I failed to
articulate my desire correctly ;)
I have only one drive in the box. At the moment I wrote the message I
did not thought of several drives, sorry. So the EJECT event which is
cause by the eject-button of my remote, _always_ (in any menu) ejects
the drive.
But I want to use the SELECT event to eject the drive. The event which
plays an audio-cd if there is one in the drive and I'm in the
audio-submenu (for example).
Thought, this would be an usability enhancement ;) (because, you dont
need to search/use the eject button but just 'select'/'play' the empty
drive to eject it).

> I have thought better and I think the correct way should be to code an
> item plugin that adds the "Eject" action to the drives instead of
> patching the core files. I think this evening I'll go that way.

That sounds like what I had in mind initially, would be nice :)

Thanks for the resonance,
Ingo.